ATLANTA, April 27 (UPI) — As tornado season goes on and hurricane season approaches U.S. health officials suggest collecting and preparing important information in case of emergency.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta says it is important to prepare a list of emergency telephone numbers, such as police and firefighters, paramedics and hospitals.
– Names, addresses and telephone numbers of insurance agents, including policy types and numbers.
– Telephone numbers for utilities such as electric, gas and water companies.
– Names and telephone numbers of neighbors.
– Name and telephone numbers of a landlord or property manager.
Another list should include important medical information such as:
– All current and past medical problems, including chronic diseases such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, HIV/AIDS and cancer.
– Any illnesses, hospitalizations or surgeries, strokes, ulcers, sexually transmitted diseases, serious infections and major or minor operations.
– Women should include information on childbirth, including miscarriages.
– Allergies and allergies to medication.
– Complete list of medication and pharmacist telephone numbers.
– Health insurance information and numbers.
Copyright 2010 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI’s prior written consent.